Boys & Girls Clubs of Volusia/Flagler Counties is looking for a part-time Program Specialist to join our team.
Assists in planning, implementation, supervision,and evaluation of activities provided within specific program areas such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, Health and Life Skills and Physical Education.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for members and visitors.
3.Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
4.Regular attendance is required. The success of the program and safety of the youth depends upon all staff working the hours assigned.
- Perform assigned duties to fulfill requirements of grant funded programs.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly Unit staff meetings.
- May be required to participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Will be required to perform facility maintenance/cleaning.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Valid Florida State Drivers License and clean driving record
- Computer literacy including ability to use email, word processing, spreadsheets and internet
- Current first aid certification; adult, child, infant CPR certification; HIV/Bloodborne pathogens course work(we will provide)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position requires driving. Position may require ability to climb stairs. Also requires. Position requires: supervision of youth in activities including sports, games, etc;facility cleaning; moderate lifting (40 pounds); ability to stand for extended periods of time; ability to sit and/or work at a computer for moderate periods of time; ability to perform job duties in outdoor setting; and the ability to work in a loud, high energy, fast paced environment for extended periods of time.
Additional Required experience:
- Working with youth: 1 year
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screen
- Must have valid Florida Drivers License with clean driving record
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Part-time 20-24 hours
Please send resume to CMcElveen@bgcvfc.org